Thing 14 Personnel Information Management


Thing 14 Personnel Information Management (PIM)

My Personnel Information management is something I hadn’t looked at or considered before.  It makes sense to look at the information that we gather and try to organise it so that it is easily retrieved at any time.  At present my information is either kept in a diary, notebook, wipe board at home and various notes to myself.  At work we use “OneNote” for all our information, in an endeavour to move away from paper.
Unfortunately at work I don’t have access to “Evernote” due to IT restrictions. I did create an account on my home computer and it seems very similar to “One Note”, which is allowed on our work computers. I have downloaded the “Evernote” app to my phone and I will hopefully use it in the future to organize my information better. I like this tool as it is similar to “One Note” and I did like the notifications element.
Regarding “Feedly”, I already had an account.  I like this tool as you can narrow down what type of articles you are interested in and read them at your leisure.  It is one of those tools that I look at every now and again when I have time to read the articles.
“Remember the milk”, this tool I think would be useful for simple lists at home, but I found it a bit frustrating to use.
I did like “Pocket” and think it would be really useful when doing searches to save an article you come across for another time. I will be using this in the future.
With all PIM systems different tools suit different people and it has got me thinking about how best to store all the information that comes my way.  It is probably best to limit yourself to a few a tools or you spend more time looking for passwords and trying to remember where you put the information. I think I will start using “Evernote” for PIM and I will see if I can combine both information from home and work in the one place, which would be really useful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thing 15 Evaluating Information

Thing 6 - Reflective Blog