Thing 7 – To create an online exhibition.

My Online Exhibition is found at https://resourcesframed.blogspot.com
Within the Library I work we have no special collections.  I decided to base the exhibition on a leaflet about the Medical Library and HSC Library.  I took the images from QUB Image bank.
I then had to decide what platform to use to put my exhibition on.  I looked at the examples on the Rudai Blog and realised I had very little knowledge of coding which I felt you would need if you wanted photographs to change in a exhibition.   I looked at so many youtube videos to try and get guidance.  There are plenty of youtube videos on elements but not how to create an on-line exhibition from scratch, that I could find.  Perhaps this is an opening for someone to do.  I then started to enter the information unto pages in my blog pages, using separate pages to each section.  There were limitations to each page and I couldn’t customise the way I wanted .  I went back to Rudai Blog and then thought I would try Wordpress.  I used a template but again I found limitations with this again.  Some pictures could be inserted but others I wanted to change seemed impossible. I contacted my Tutor for advice which would be the best platform for me to use.  In the meantime, I thought maybe the easiest way was to create a new website which I did through Wix, which I found very easy to use. My Tutor then advised to create a new blog which I did through Blogger.

I really struggled with this task because of my lack of knowledge of computer programming.  I just found it so frustrating knowing what I wanted to do but not having the know-how to do it and create a professional looking exhibition.  If I was to create an Online Exhibition again I would collaborate with the I.T. Department to create the exhibition.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thing 14 Personnel Information Management

Thing 15 Evaluating Information

Thing 22 Engaged Professional - Reflective Practice